- 100 Simple Things You Can Do to Prevent Alzheimer’s and Age-Related Memory Loss – Jean Carper.
- The Science of Skinny: Start Understanding Your Body’s Chemistry–and Stop Dieting Forever – Dee McCaffrey.
- The Secrets of People Who Never Get Sick: What They Know, Why It Works, and How It Can Work for You Paperback – Gene Stone.
- Mindful Aging: Embracing Your Life After 50 to Find Fulfillment, Purpose and Joy – Andrea Brandt, Ph.D., LMFT
- Just One Thing Card Deck – 52 Practices for More Happiness, Love, and Wisdom – Rich Hanson, Ph.D.
GERIATRIC & SENIOR RESOURCES
- Aging.com: The National Council for Aging Care
- The Alzheimer’s Association
- Alcohol Abuse Amongst the Elderly
- PayingForSeniorCare.com is to help the elderly and their family fully understand the cost of long term care and the programs that can provide financial support.
- Senior Guidance Org.: Provides comprehensive resources on various senior living options, including: assisted living facilities, senior living communities, nursing homes, independent living communities, continuing care retirement communities (CCRC) and all other long term senior care options, including memory care such as Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
- Do’s and Don’t of Caring for Aging Parents
- How to Move a Parent with Dementia to Assisted Living
- Memory Care & Assisted Living: Detailed Guide
- Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group
- Gilda’s Club Seattle
- EvergreenHealth Medical Center: Grief & Bereavement, 12040 NE 128th St, Kirkland, WA, 98034, (425) 899-1077
- Compassionate Friends: Support Groups – Eastside, 10021 NE 124th St, Holy Spirit Lutheran Church, Kirkland, WA, 98034, (425) 765-1382
- Managing Care at Home
- Stroke Support Group