We accept a large number of health plans and offer in-network Preferred Providers. We encourage you to verify your outpatient mental health benefits with your health insurance company prior to scheduling your appointment so you know what your plan covers.
Individual & Family Plans
- All Savers
- Anthem Health Insurance
- Beacon Health Options
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield (BC/BS)
- BridgeSpan Health
- Evernorth Behavioral Health (formerly CIGNA Behavioral Health)
- First Choice Health Network
- GEHA (Government Employees Health Association)
- HMA (Health Management Administrators)
- Kaiser Permanente (PPO & HMO)
- Lifewise Health Plan of Washington
- Lifewise Health Plan of Oregon
- Medicare (see below)
- Meritain Health
- MODA Health
- Optum Health Behavioral Solutions
- Premera Blue Cross
- Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
- Providence Health & Services
- Regence BlueShield
- SAMBA Federal Health Plan
- Soundpath Health HMO*
- Trusted Plans Service Corporation (TPSC)
- United Behavioral Health (UBH)
- United Healthcare (UHC)*
- Uniform Medical Plan (UMP)
To our Medicare population, please review your Medicare benefits carefully and if possible call the member services number on the back of your card to ask about your coverage for outpatient mental health.
- Straight Medicare
- Medicare Advantage or (Complete) Plans: Medicare Advantage plans cover everything original Medicare covers and generally offers extra benefits (Part B – for mental health).
- Medicare Supplemental or (Medigap) Plans: Medicare Supplemental Insurance is a plan that you buy from a private insurance company that pays for some of the cost sharing in Medicare. Medicare sends claims directly to them for processing if the client has coordinated their benefits.
We are not in network or accept the following state-sponsored plans:
- AMERIGROUP (AMG) APPLE HEALTH
- COMMUNITY HEALTH PLAN OF WASHINGTON (CHPW) APPLE HEALTH
- SPECIALTY CARE ONLY
- COORDINATED CARE APPLE HEALTH
- MOLINA (MHC) APPLE HEALTH
- UNITED HEALTHCARE COMMUNITY (UHC) APPLE HEALTH
If you don’t see yours listed, please contact us to determine if we take your insurance.
Understanding Your Coverage
Some insurance plans require pre-authorizations, deductibles to meet and if you have more than one policy/dual coverage, your insurance companies require you to contact them to coordinate your benefits prior to your session. Learn more about Coordination of Benefits.
Clients are ultimately responsible for understanding their own insurance coverage. Emmaus Counseling Center can only provide clients with the benefit information we are given by their insurance company representatives. If this information is incorrect, Emmaus Counseling Center is not liable. Clients are responsible for all amounts due which are not covered by their insurance.
- Frequently Asked Insurance Questions
- Insurance Definitions
- College bound dependents, what you should know.
Our Commitment to You
Our billing staff will do their best to provide you with an accurate statement of your account. Please be aware, however, that insurance billing is a very complex and often unpredictable process.
Each insurance company has varying policies and procedures, and your coverage may involve certain co-pay percentages, discounting procedures, unusual fee structures, or deductibles about which you or our billing staff might not be aware when first setting up your account. Our commitment to accuracy may mean having to revise your statement once your insurance actually begins to pay (usually 3-6 weeks after your first appointment). We will do our best to let you know if changes are made. In turn, we ask your patience, and suggest you contact your insurance company directly to obtain the most accurate information about your coverage.
Credit Card Policy
Emmaus requires that all patients have a credit card on file that can be charged for any balances that are your financial responsibility. You may log in to our Client Portal at any time to view your account and an e-Statement which will allow you to make an online payment or mail a check. This policy excludes Private Pay rates, which will be charged in full at the time of service.
Credit cards are stored using our payment processor, and are encrypted for security. Once a card is saved on file it can only be charged through our secure EMR software.
Fees & Payment
Fees are due at the time of service. When we are setting up your initial appointment, we’ll collect credit card information from you to be stored in our secure software. Your card will be charged for your copay or coinsurance amount after each session.
There is no charge for cancellations made more than 24 hours in advance of the appointment. An $80 fee will be charged for late cancellations made within 24 hours, barring medical emergency. Please cancel a Monday session on Friday during business office hours (9am-5pm) by calling our Scheduling Coordinators at 425.869.2644, ext. 0 and you may also leave a confidential voicemail for your therapist.
Missed appointment fees cannot be billed to insurance. We end care with patients who repeatedly miss appointments.
If you have any questions, please contact our billing department directly at 425.869.2644, ext. 18.