To our Medicare population, please review your Medicare benefits carefully and if possible call the member services number on the back of your card to ask about your coverage for outpatient mental health. Please note that if you are Medicare eligible then Medicare Part B becomes your primary coverage for Mental Health (even if your other insurance company covers your physician visits).
We accept the following types of Medicare plans:
- Straight Medicare
- Medicare Advantage Plans: Medicare Advantage plans cover everything Original Medicare covers and generally offers extra benefits (Part B – for mental health).
- Please note: HMO plans do require a prior authorization or referral before you are seen or your sessions will not be covered by your insurance.
- Medicare Supplement or (Medigap) Plans: Medicare Supplement Insurance is a plan that you buy from a private insurance company that pays for some of the cost sharing in Medicare. If you have Medicare supplemental insurance, we will also submit a bill to them for all services.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING PLANS:
Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Kaiser Permanente HMO, HMO plan members please call 1.800.446.8882.
- Premera Blue Cross HMO; Classic HMO; Classic Plus HMO, Managed through UnitedHealthcare (UHC). HMO Plan members please call 1.855.339.8128.
- Regence PPO, 1-844-734-3623
- Soundpath Medicare Advantage (HMO): Managed through Optum Behavioral Health. *HMO Plan (Emmaus can request the authorization for you).
- UnitedHealthcare® AARP Medicare Complete, *HMO Plan members please call 1.800.547.5514.
- UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Medicare*HMO Plan members please call 1.855.339.8128.
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
*Please note, we do not participate with any state-sponsored plans such as Medicaid, Molina or Apple Health.
Please note: If you are 65+ and work for a company that has 20+ employees, your group health plan generally pays first and Medicare can be billed for your remainder (you would still need to be seen by a medicare provider to use this benefit). That said, you’ll have to pay any costs Medicare or the group health plan doesn’t cover.
Medicare Open Enrollment
- October 15 – December 7
- Coverage to begin January 1
Medicare Initial Election Period
During the 7-Month period that:
- Starts 3 months before the month you turn 65
- Includes the month you turn 65
- Ends 3 months after the month you turn 65
If you have questions about Medicare coverage, please call them directly at 1-800-633-4227 or visit www.medicare.gov.
|Harvey LeSure, MSW, LICSW, GMHS||Fran Regdos, MSW, LICSW||Bea Roskopf, MSW, LICSW||Diane Stuart, MSW, LICSW|
|Shannon Tait, MA, LMFT, GMHS||Dr. Dan Tomczyk, Ph.D.||Dr. Richard Wemhoff, Ph.D.||Dr. David C. Wiesner, Ph.D.|
Helpful Medicare Tools: