To our Medicare population, please review your Medicare benefits carefully and if possible call the member services number on the back of your card to ask about your coverage for outpatient mental health. Please note that if you are Medicare eligible then Medicare Part B becomes your primary coverage for Mental Health (even if your other insurance company covers your physician visits).
We accept the following types of Medicare plans:
- Straight Medicare
- Medicare Advantage Plans: Medicare Advantage plans cover everything Original Medicare covers and generally offers extra benefits (Part B – for mental health). Also, with Medicare Advantage, you will not need Medigap (Supplement) coverage. Please note: HMO plans do require a prior authorization or referral before you are seen or your sessions will not be covered by your insurance.
- Medicare Supplement or (Medigap) Plans: Medicare Supplement Insurance is a plan that you buy from a private insurance company that pays for some of the cost sharing in Medicare. If you have Medicare supplemental insurance, we will also submit a bill to them for all services.
*Please note, Medicare does not cover couples counseling. Also, we do not participate with any state-sponsored plans such as Medicaid, Molina or Apple Health.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING PLANS:
- AARP® Medicare Supplement Plan
- AARP® Medicare Complete HMO®: *HMO Plan members please call 1.800.547.5514.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Coventry Medicare
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Advantage (HMO): HMO plan members please call 1.800.446.8882.
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage (HMO): Managed through UnitedHealthcare (UHC). HMO Plan members please call 1.855.339.8128.
- Regence Medicare Advantage PPO
- Soundpath Medicare Advantage (HMO): Managed through Optum Behavioral Health. *HMO Plan (Emmaus can request the authorization for you).
- UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Medicare (HMO)*HMO Plan members please call 1.855.339.8128.
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage
If you have questions about Medicare coverage, please call them directly at 1-800-633-4227 or visit www.medicare.gov.
- Dr. Michelle Battin, Ph.D.
- Harvey LeSure
- Fran Regdos
- Bea Roskopf
- Diane Stuart
- Shannon Tait
- Dr. Dan Tomczyk, Ph.D.
- Dr. Rich Wemhoff, Ph.D.
- Dr. David C. Wiesner, Ph.D.
Helpful Medicare Tools: