Nicole is not accepting new clients until May.
“As a survivor of childhood trauma, workplace trauma, and many other forms of trauma, I aim to help other survivors heal from a place of compassion and a personalized and creative way.”– Nicole Barrett
Nicole has been with Emmaus since 2020 and works with clients ages 3+, adults, couples, and families in our Bellevue office.
Nicole is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Washington and holds a Masters in Social Work from the University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
Prior to joining Emmaus, Nicole worked as a therapist with various populations along the developmental spectrum. This included infants to older adults and occurred across various settings, including mental health clinics, hospitals, homes and other therapeutic areas. Nicole brings experience in working with individuals, couples, families, children and groups to help clients improve their ability to regulate emotions and better manage symptoms of depression and anxiety. Her specialty is in trauma, especially childhood trauma.
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- PTSD & Trauma
- Grief & Loss
- Death & dying
- Geriatric psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- Art & Play Therapy
- Internal Family Systems (IFS)
- Polyvagal Theory Informed Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Couples