“I believe that I was called to transition to become a professional mental health counselor. I continue increasing my insights and understanding of human suffering and pain as well as resilience, including my own. I feel honored to listen to the stories of my clients in trustful and respectful relationships, to assist them to recognize their own strength and resilience. I feel privileged to work with my clients in their journeys to facilitate healing, to grow to their full potential, and to find joy and hope again.“– Hiromi Gerety
p: 4258.869.2644, ext. 19
CLIENT FOCUS & LOCATIONS
AREAS OF FOCUS
- Adjustment Disorder
- Chronic Pain/Illness
- Dysthymic Disorder
- Grief & Loss
- Mood Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post Partum
- PTSD & Trauma
- Stress Management
- Suicidal Ideation
- Somatoform Disorder
- Women’s Issue
BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
Hiromi has been with Emmaus since early 2020 and is a Licensed therapist in the state of Washington and holds Masters degrees in Counseling (Community/Clinical Counseling Psychology), from Eastern University, Religion from Cairn University and Human Relations from the University of Oklahoma.
Additional Training & Certifications
- The Relationally Focused Psychodynamic Therapy post-graduate certificate program from the Seattle School of Theology & Psychology / Contemporary Psychodynamic Institute.
- Gerontology Certificate, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- National Certified Counselor (NCC) #289200.
- Completed an intensive three-year course of study in the theory and practice of Gestalt Therapy at the Gestalt Therapy Institute of Philadelphia.
- Completion Certificate, Professional Japanese-Teacher Training Course (420-hour course as authorized by the Japanese Minister of Education, Science, and Culture), ARC Academy (Tokyo, Japan).
Languages Spoken: English and Japanese