To our Medicare population, please review your Medicare benefits carefully and if possible call the member services number on the back of your card to ask about your coverage for outpatient mental health.
Emmaus accepts the following types of Medicare plans:
- Straight Medicare
- Medicare Advantage Plans
- Medicare Advantage plans cover everything Original Medicare covers and generally offers extra benefits (Part B – for mental health). Several plans offer coverage above and beyond what Medicare requires in order to provide patients with access to wellness and preventive care needs. Also, with Medicare Advantage, you will not need Medigap (Supplemental) coverage. Please note: HMO plans do require a prior authorization before you are seen or your sessions will not be covered by your insurance.
- Medicare Supplemental or (Medigap) Plans
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance is a plan that you buy from a private insurance company that pays for some of the cost sharing in Medicare. If you have Medicare supplemental insurance, we will also submit a bill to them for all services.
2017 ACCEPTED MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLANS
- AARP® Medicare Complete HMO® – *HMO Plan members please call 1.800.547.5514.
- Aetna Medicare Advantage
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Advantage HMO – *HMO plan members please call 1.800.446.8882.
- Premera Blue Cross Medicare Advantage HMO – Managed through UnitedHealthcare (UHC) – *HMO Plan members please call 1.855.339.8128.
- Regence Medicare Advantage
- Soundpath Medicare Advantage HMO – Managed through Optum Behavioral Health – *HMO Plan (Emmaus can request the authorization for you).
- UnitedHealthcare® AARP Medicare Complete HMO – *HMO Plan members please call 1.800.547.5514.
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage – *HMO Plan members please call 1.855.339.8128.
Emmaus does not accept discount card programs.
HELPFUL MEDICARE TOOLS
- Learn about the different Medicare Plans.
- Top Ten Medicare Insurance Tips – A Helpful Video.
- How to Understand Medicare – a Helpful Video.
- Understanding Medicare Advantage Plans – A Helpful Video.
- Learn About MediGap Plans – A Helpful Video.
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers mental health services and visits including:
- Individual and group psychotherapy with doctors or certain other licensed professionals allowed by the state where you get the services.
- Family counseling, if the main purpose is to help with your treatment.
- Testing to find out if you’re getting the services you need and if your current treatment is helping you.
- Psychiatric evaluation.
Please note, Medicare does not cover couples counseling.