We are pleased to offer virtual sessions where our clients can connect with their therapist remotely with no technical expertise required.
Virtual therapy enables you to have a comforting therapeutic relationship with your therapist from the privacy of your home. It is as simple as using your smart phone, PC or tablet to connect to our HIPAA compliant program.
Clients will need to have both audio, video capabilities and find a quiet and private space to talk and complete our Virtual Therapy Consent Form.
To get started with your virtual sessions, please contact our Care Coordinators at 425.869.2644, ext. 0 who are happy to walk you through the process and will provide you with the details specific to starting your care at Emmaus.
Can I use my Insurance for my Virtual Sessions?
Emmaus’ therapists are preferred in network providers with most commercial insurance plans. Most plans treat virtual therapy and in-person mental health services similarly, and the coverage will be the exact same. Some insurance plans require pre-authorizations or other requirements. As the policies regarding coverage are rapidly changing, please call the number on the back of your card to determine what your specific plan covers.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Carrier:
- Does my plan cover virtual sessions specifically for outpatient mental health and is my provider an in-network provider for those services?
- Do I have out of network benefits that would cover my session? If so, what is my responsibility?
- If my plan is carved out to a third party carrier, will it also cover my virtual visit sessions?
- Is there a deductible to meet or co-payment amount?
- Is a pre-authorization required?
How Do I Pay for the Session?
When we are setting up your initial appointment, we’ll collect credit card information from you to be stored in our secure software. Your card will be charged for your copay or coinsurance amount after each virtual session.
We look forward to meeting you on-line and getting started!