Shannon is not accepting new clients at this time.
“I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a Geriatric Mental Health Specialist. I have spent more than 10 years performing therapy with older adults, families, individuals, and couples. I have experience working with couples and families on marital issues and life transitions. I am Gottman trained on 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work. Additionally, I have experience working with individuals, couples, and families with a variety of conditions including Parkinson’s disease, depression, bipolar, anxiety, personality disorders, and chronic pain. I also specialize in helping patients who are experiencing grief and loss and end of life issues. I do work with caregivers and family members to manage and cope with the challenges you face when caring for a family member or older adult.
I am an interactive, solution-focused therapist. My therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a personalized approach tailored to each individual or family. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain their personal goals.” – Shannon
Shannon works with clients ages 13+, adults and families in our Issaquah and Redmond Main offices.
- Emotional Manipulators and co-dependents: Understanding the Attraction
- Personality Disorders: The Challenges of the Hidden Agenda
- Making Relationships Work-Gottman Approach
- Bipolar Spectrum
- Roles and Resource Structures in Family Systems
- Trauma, PTSD, and Traumatic Grief
- End Stage Disease
- Death and Dying/Greif and Loss
- How to Stay out of Trouble with Everyone
- Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking of Youth
- Solving the Key Challenges of Couple Therapy with EFT with Sue Johnson
- Gottman trained on 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work
ACCREDITATION & LICENSURE:
- Washington State Marriage and Family License #LF60074427
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor #114530
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Adjustment Disorder
- Advanced/Terminal Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Care Giver Support
- Chronic Illness & Pain
- Co-occurring Medical Problems/Pain Management
- Dementia (Alzheimer and other)
- Geriatric Issues
- Grief & Loss
- Hearing Impaired/Hard of Hearing
- LGBTQ/LGBTQ Couples
- Life Transitions
- Marriage/Pre-Marital Therapy/Couples Counseling
- Personality Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Stress Management
- Visually Impaired Patients
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATES:
- M.A., Marriage & Family Therapy, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA.
- B.S., Health Education, Linfield College, McMinnville, OR.
- Geriatric Mental Health Specialist (GMHS)
AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- Member, American Association of Marriage and Family.
- Member, Washington Association of Marriage and Family Therapists