We offer Psychological Testing for both Youth ADD & ADHD Assessments (Ages 8+) and Adult ADD & ADHD Assessments. Psychological testing involves administration, scoring, and interpretation of tests; it also requires the psychologist to prepare a written report and meet with the client or if testing for a child, the parents to review the results.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING? The cost for a full assessment is determined by the total number of hours required by the psychologist(s) to complete the full evaluation process from testing time with you or with your child to results review session with you. The cost of testing varies depending on the battery of tests required and will be determined during your intake evaluation.
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING? Many insurance companies do cover psychological testing in some cases your insurance plan may have an additional deductible that applies to psychological testing apart from counseling/therapy sessions, and or may have a requirement for a pre-authorization prior to testing. We do verify benefits during your initial scheduling appointment, but recommend that you contact your insurance company to determine and understand what your specific plan benefits are for psychological testing before getting started.
WHEN YOU CALL YOUR INSURANCE, ASK THE FOLLOWING:
- Is the cost of psychological testing covered?
- Is there a deductible?
- What portion will be reimbursed?
- Is a referral needed from a primary care physician?
- Is pre-authorization required?
- If being seen out of network, and your insurance company requests a list of the tests being administered, we can provide that for you. You will receive a coded billing statement at your follow-up appointment which you may file with your insurance company for reimbursement.