“I work with individuals of all ages struggling with anxiety, depression, parenting, relationships, life transitions, and trauma. I strive to create a validating and comforting environment where one can explore current and past experiences and develop a greater sense of self-worth and efficacy. I use a variety of treatment modalities including Solution-Focused, Cognitive Behavioral, Family Systems, Play Therapy, and Attachment based techniques which are then tailored to meet your needs. I have extensive experience working with parents, youth, and families. By using creative techniques to help engage children in the therapy process, I aid them in building positive coping skills and developing healthier relationships with others. I am a certified children’s yoga instructor and often incorporate yoga and mindful techniques into the therapy process with children.” – Michelle Battin, Ph.D.
Dr. Battin works with clients ages 3+, adults and families in our Redmond Office.
Dr. Battin has more than 14 years of experience providing therapeutic services such as play therapy, parenting consultation, and child, adolescent, young adult and family therapy. She works collaboratively with outside services providers such as psychiatrists and school staff to ensure continuity of care and best aid clients in reaching treatment goals. Her experience includes the following:
- Provided mental health outpatient, clinic-based, home-based, residential-based and school-based services to high-risk, diverse, and underserved Medi-Cal clients.
- Provided DIS counseling to non-public school students and participated in IEP review and implementation.
- Certified as a Behavioral Intervention Case Manager (BICM) within the LAUSD school district and conducted Functional Behavior Analysis/Behavior Intervention Plan for non-public school students.
- Trained and certified in Evidence Based Practices: Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Seeking Safety, Managing and Adaptive Practices (MAP), and Motivational Interviewing.
- Participated in weekly individual supervision, weekly TF-CBT group supervision, bi-weekly MAP group supervision, and monthly staff meetings and trainings.
- Collaborated with client mental health providers (i.e. psychiatrists, therapeutic behavioral services team etc.) and supportive networks (parents, teachers, IEP team, regional center, pediatrician etc.) on a regular basis in order to provide continuity of care for clients.
- Consulted for residential program and provided residential staff with training on de-escalation techniques and psycho-education on mental health illness related to trauma.
|THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES & ASSESSMENTS:||
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Clinical Psychologist, PY60655194, State of Washington.
- Clinical Psychologist, PSY26203, State of California.
- Ph.D., Family and Child Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, Los Angeles, APA Accredited.
- M.A., Family and Child Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University, Los Angeles, APA Accredited.
- B.A., Psychology, California Polytechnic University, Pomona, Pomona, CA.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Children’s Yoga Instructor through a 95-hour Yoga Alliance Training program.
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT).
- Managing and Adapting Practices (MAP).
- Behavior Intervention Case Manager (BICM) through Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Typical and Atypical Development in Children Aged Birth to Five.
- Sports Psychology and Psychiatry: Strategies for Life Balance and Peak Performance.
- Motivational Interviewing.
- Department of Mental Health outcome measure implementation and scoring for the PHQ-9, ECBI, YOQ, YOQSR, UCLA PTSD INDEX, RCADS, and RCADS-P.
- Assessment of Children Ages Zero to Five Using the Infancy, childhood, and Relationship Enrichment ICARE) Form.
- Seeking Safety.
- Best practices in Birth to Five Intervention Strategies.
- Clinical Supervision at California School of Professional Psychology.