Dr. Battin is not accepting new clients at this time.
Dr. Battin has more than 14 years of experience providing therapeutic services such as play therapy, parenting consultation, and child, adolescent, young adult and family therapy. She works collaboratively with outside services providers such as psychiatrists and school staff to ensure continuity of care and best aid clients in reaching treatment goals. Her experience includes the following:
- Provided mental health outpatient, clinic-based, home-based, residential-based and school-based services to high-risk, diverse, and underserved Medi-Cal clients.
- Provided DIS counseling to non-public school students and participated in IEP review and implementation.
- Certified as a Behavioral Intervention Case Manager (BICM) within the LAUSD school district and conducted Functional Behavior Analysis/Behavior Intervention Plan for non-public school students.
- Trained and certified in Evidence Based Practices: Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Seeking Safety, Managing and Adaptive Practices (MAP), and Motivational Interviewing.
- Participated in weekly individual supervision, weekly TF-CBT group supervision, bi-weekly MAP group supervision, and monthly staff meetings and trainings.
- Collaborated with client mental health providers (i.e. psychiatrists, therapeutic behavioral services team etc.) and supportive networks (parents, teachers, IEP team, regional center, pediatrician etc.) on a regular basis in order to provide continuity of care for clients.
- Consulted for residential program and provided residential staff with training on de-escalation techniques and psycho-education on mental health illness related to trauma.
|THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES & ASSESSMENTS:||
AREAS OF FOCUS:
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Children’s Yoga Instructor through a 95-hour Yoga Alliance Training program.
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT).
- Managing and Adapting Practices (MAP).
- Behavior Intervention Case Manager (BICM) through Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Typical and Atypical Development in Children Aged Birth to Five.
- Sports Psychology and Psychiatry: Strategies for Life Balance and Peak Performance.
- Motivational Interviewing.
- Department of Mental Health outcome measure implementation and scoring for the PHQ-9, ECBI, YOQ, YOQSR, UCLA PTSD INDEX, RCADS, and RCADS-P.
- Assessment of Children Ages Zero to Five Using the Infancy, childhood, and Relationship Enrichment ICARE) Form.
- Seeking Safety.
- Best practices in Birth to Five Intervention Strategies.
- Clinical Supervision at California School of Professional Psychology.