“My deep hope is to help others overcome obstacles and move towards growth and flourishing. I believe a human is a complex and intricately woven person, with mind, body, and soul and that each aspect of the person influences the others. In therapy I strive to aid in the integration of these three aspects of the self to form a more unified person. There are a variety of things that can fragment the self, from fears and anxieties, to the things we tell ourselves. Using a variety of methods, I work to address the known and unknown challenges in one’s life. I strive to help clients identify those challenges, set goals, and become empowered to make positive changes. “ – Ben Steel
To schedule an initial session with Ben, please call 425.869.2644, ext. 0.
CLIENTELE: 13+ & Adults
LOCATION: Issaquah (Saturday)
Ben is a Clinical Intern working on his doctorate in Sports and Performance Psychology. He brings more than eight years of experience working with teens and adults struggling with life transitions, grief & loss and finding their path. He has provided support to clients in many venues including Harborview Medical Center as a chaplain and Bellevue Christian High School where he also works as a teacher.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Attachment Disorders
- Grief & Loss
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Transitions
- Men’s Issues
- Parenting Skills
- Pastoral Counseling
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship Issues
- Self-Worth Issues
- Sports & Performance Psychology
- Stress Management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Existential Phenomenological Psychotherapy
- Positive Psychology
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy
- Christian Perspective Counseling
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Ed.D.(c): Educational Doctorate (Candidate), Sports and Performance Psychology, Portland, OR.
- M.Div., Theological Seminary, Chicago, IL.
- B.A., Biblical and Theological Studies, Chicago, IL.
- National Council of Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT).
- Member, American Counselors Association (ACA), present.